Dear Supporter of Scripture Union,
You may be someone who has faithfully supported and advocated for the vital work of chaplaincy in Australian schools. This is why I’m reaching out to you today. Following Education Minister Jason Clare’s comments earlier this year offering schools the option of a Student Welfare Officer or a School Chaplain, the Australian Government has commissioned an independent review into the National School Chaplaincy Program.
As part of that process, they invite key stakeholders to share their honest experiences and opinions on the program to help them shape the service going forward. You and I know, that chaplaincy is widely supported and cherished in our communities throughout our nation, but our new Federal Government needs to know that too.
Will you once again help advocate for your chaplains and the communities they serve by completing the “Have-Your-Say” survey following? After clicking and landing, please read the introduction page, and click on the small arrow at the bottom to continue
Before you do, I want to highlight a few important points.
- The survey is extensive. Please allow up to 30 mins.
- For each question, include examples that you know of to demonstrate the positive impact chaplains make.
- Share this survey with your church and family networks.
- Reply to this message and let me know you’ve submitted a response.
- Please note, the window for responses is tight. Submissions will close on 13 September.
- f you have any questions at all about the survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1300 478 753 or check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Thank you once again for your support and your heart to see more children, young people and their families discovering life through the support of trusted and qualified school chaplains who model the love and compassion of Jesus in our school communities.
You are such a blessing to us all.
Group CEO, SU Australia